As part of the pilgrimage of music taking place throughout the ministry area, St Edmund’s Church organised an afternoon led by Geoff Weaver, an internationally known church musician, who was Director of Studies and Outreach at the Royal School of Church Music 1994-2002, and directed the music at the 1998 Lambeth Conference.
- Music as an essential element in creation. We are called to be co-creators with God.
- The role of the church musician – as comforter and disturber.
- The use of music in worship- a brief historical overview.
- Particular focus on how the music enhances the worship, creates an appropriate mood, adds depth to the text.
- Particular focus on the Psalms, and how we may sing them today.
This is the audio recording of the workshop: