New paid part time Youth Leader sought
In 2022, members of the church have a vision to grow the youth work further, so the post of a paid, part time Youth Leader has been created and advertised. We are looking for a passionate, gifted and enthusiastic person, who would lead and build on the youth work which, as you can see, has been going on in the church for many years.
Younger Youth Group called TAB CLUB
This youth group currently has 23 members between the ages of 10-16. They can start in the summer term before they move into year 6. A few have felt ready to move into the older group once they have reached 14.
We meet weekly from 3.30-5pm and have a choice of venue, depending on the time of year and the weather.
We are in either:
- the Parish Hall for food and some activities with the option of using the church for other activities, such as pool, table football, card and board games and crafts; or
- the Park near the Rectory for outdoor games.
Occasionally we will use other venues, such as the river meadow and a local wood. At certain times of the year we have been invited to people’s homes/gardens for BBQ’s and bonfires.
Some attended an Easter holiday club where Christian resources and clips from the ‘Hogwarts’ films were used to help them explore the Christian faith in a deeper way.
The young people care about the environment and contributed to a short film made for the church’s online ministry. They plan to make bird boxes, a hedgehog house and bug hotel for the churchyard. We will repeat a flower and lichen survey for the annual ‘Churches Count on Nature Week’ and join in with other Eco Church activities.
In August, we are planning to take a group of young people to one of the Scripture Union summer camps.
Older Youth Group
The youth group for older teenagers (14-18 year olds) has met in a home, though latterly on Zoom and Houseparty. Over the last 3 -4 years we have:
Explored Christian faith together using
- Youth Alpha
- SU and Youth for Christ materials
- Weekend away at Lee Abbey
Enjoyed spending time together
- Eating! e.g. Christmas meals, summer BBQ’s
- Relaxing eg chilling, chatting and games
- Open events eg Bring a friend Ten Pin Bowling
Helped with Community Projects
- Successfully cleared a neglected area of the churchyard, prior to the Eco Church Project
- Raised money for Tearfund by a virtual ascent of Snowdon, (during lockdown)
You can find out more about our youth groups on the history page.
For further information about the groups and the Youth Leader post, contact Kerry Andrews on 07976 737665 or firstname.lastname@example.org